The following general guidelines are provided for reference to those persons, organizations, or groups that request to use LIU facilities.
- All persons considering the use of LIU facilities are encouraged to read the current LIU board policy on Use of Intermediate Unit Facilities. (Link to this policy is provided above.) The policy provides specific information on regulations, limitations, and prohibited activities.
- All requests to use LIU facilities must be submitted to Deb Kane, by phone (717) 624-6530, email or mail at least thirty days in advance of the scheduled use.
- Approval of facility usage is dependent on availability of space, building accessibility, appropriate event supervision and proof of liability insurance.
- Please refer to the Fee Schedule for rental of LIU facilities. Pricing is based on classification of the organization/group.
Class A includes member school districts or vocational technical schools within the LIU.
Class B includes Non-Profit educational, civic or church organizations.
Class C includes private or commercial organizations.
- Proof of liability and property damage insurance is required and must be on file at the LIU Central Office no later than one week prior to the scheduled event.
- 6. Use of tobacco and alcohol on LIU premises is prohibited.