Secondary Transition to Adult Life
IU 12 offers a continuum of Career Development Opportunities and Independent Living Skills training to assist in preparing students with disabilities in transitioning to a productive and meaningful adult life.
IU12 also offers a variety of transition supports and resources for families and schools.
For more information on the LIU Secondary Transition services and resources, access our Google Site.
Learn about our Career & Community Coach Program
Gettysburg Outlets - Community based transition program focusing on independent living & essential job skills for success
New Visions - A secondary transition program fully immersed in a community setting. Locations in Hanover & at Leg Up Farms in Mount Wolf.
New Oxford Training Site - Vocational transition based program located at the Lincoln Intermediate Central Office
Project SEARCH - One-year school to work internship within WellSpan Hospitals in Gettysburg & York.
Senior-to-Senior School to Work Transition Program - A transition-based program located within a community setting focused on developing vocational skills
YTECH X @ York County School of Technology - A 2-year transition opportunity for students with disabilities at a career and technical school
- Career & Community Coach
- Career and Transition Consultation for Students with Disabilities
- Community Based Vocational Training
- Community Agency Linkages and Collaboration
- Business/Education program partnerships: Project SEARCH at York & Gettysburg Hospitals, Gettysburg Outlets, New Visions Independent Living Program, York County School of Technology YTECH-X
- LIU paid student worker training programs
- Continuum of Career Development Opportunities
- Paraprofessional trainings on Job Coaching & Fading Strategies
- Parent Information sessions on Transition related topics
Dr. Katherina Ramsay
Work Experience Coordinator