Dr. Brad Sterner
email@example.com (717) 624-6482
firstname.lastname@example.org (717) 624-6438
The program goals are:
Goal 1: To build a strong mentoring relationship between beginning teacher and the induction team by:
- developing an induction team for each beginning teacher.
- providing training for induction team members.
- providing opportunities for interaction among team members.
Goal 2: To develop an understanding of effective classroom techniques and procedures by:
- reinforcing effective classroom management skills.
- reinforcing a variety of effective instructional strategies.
- reinforcing the usage of a multitude of student assessment strategies.
- utilizing research-based instruction.
Goal 3: To build an awareness of expectations by:
- studying the Code of Professional Practice and Conduct.
- fostering professional attitudes and positive self-esteem.
- defining community, district and building expectations.
- defining beginning teacher expectations.
- learning skills to promote effective communication with students, parents, community members and colleagues.
Induction teams, comprised of a beginning teacher and a mentor teacher, meet throughout the year at both the local and county level for programming.