ISTE Certification is Now Fully Online!
The ISTE Certification has changed its format!! The new format will last 14 weeks with five, 2 hour synchronous sessions throughout that timeline.
The ISTE Certification for Educators is the only vendor-neutral, internationally recognized credential for educators who have demonstrated mastery of the ISTE Standards for Educators. ISTE Certification focuses on pedagogy, not on tools or devices and is designed to change your educational practice, whether you're an instructional designer, library media specialist, technology coach or in another role. The program combines 14 weeks of professional learning with a six-month portfolio application and review process. Rigorous? Yes!! Is it worth it? Yes!!
Why get ISTE Certified?
ISTE certification challenges you to stretch yourself as an educator and positions you as an expert among your colleagues. Becoming ISTE certified
- Deepens and expands your teaching skill set in applying the ISTE Standards for Educators in practice.
- Allows you to earn graduate credit.
- Connects you with an international community of education change-makers.
- Prepares you to model effective practice for others in your school or district.
- Learn more about the ISTE Certification: Certification Syllabus
With your certification in hand, you'll earn the international recognition you deserve for your technology leadership skills. In addition, you will be prepared to support your teacher network in integrating tech for all of the right reasons!
How do I become an ISTE Certified Educator?
Step one - Complete an ISTE Certified Educator training. These cohorts are conducted by ISTE Certification Authorized Partners, (CAPs) whose professional development facilitators have been prepared and trained by ISTE to deliver this training on their (ISTE’s) behalf. Participate in the 14-week online professional learning course that takes about 40 hours to complete. Download the syllabus for full details.
Step two - Assemble eportfolio of artifacts that meet the criteria required by ISTE and submit for evaluation to the ISTE certification review panel. Aspiring ISTE Certified Educators will have six months to apply their learning and submit their eportfolios. Once submitted, a team of trained evaluators will review your portfolio. Successfully meet the criteria and you'll become an ISTE Certified Educator!!
Step three - Become and ISTE Certified Educator! Celebrate, share your expertise and support learning transformation!.
Opportunity to earn three graduate level credits at an additional fee.
• Become part of the ISTE Certified Educator community
• Join ISTE Certified Educator meet ups at the ISTE conference
• Identify yourself with the ISTE Certified Educator email signature and digital badges
LIU Training Team
Your LIU training team is excited to prepare teacher leaders to become ISTE Certified. Here is your team!
- Jared Mader, Educational Technology, Division Director
- Ben Smith, Educational Technology, Division Assistant Director
- Laura McCusker, Educational Services, Assistant Division Director
- Nicole Bond, Educational Technology Specialist
- Eric Balak, Consultant
- Erin Martin, Consultant
Join the notification release list to receive up to date information.