The ISTE Certification for Educators is a rigorous professional certification for ambitious educators and coaches ready for the challenge. Using a hybrid model encompassing both face to face and online learning components, candidate educators will complete approximately 30 hours of instruction and activities before assembling their eportfolio for review by the ISTE Certification review team.
This unique certification is based on the ISTE Standards for Educators and is designed for cohorts of practitioners to move systems from vision to practice by preparing them to re-think and redesign learning activities with technology to engage students in real-world, authentic and active learning. The vendor- and device-neutral ISTE Certification for Educators training/professional development program focuses on content and learning activities on all seven educator standards, with a special emphasis on the instructional indicators within the standards.
Are you ready to be an ISTE Certified Educator?
To be successful in this program we believe it is important to consider these questions.
- Are you an educator who is interested in professional growth and who sees the ISTE Standards as a roadmap for using technology to learn?
- Are you an educator who has experience and comfort using varied technology in the classroom?
- Are you an educator who is comfortable with and has experience successfully taking online professional learning (courses)?
How do I become an ISTE Certified Educator?
Step one - Complete an ISTE Certified Educator training. These cohorts are conducted by ISTE Certification Authorized Partners, (CAPs) whose professional development facilitators have been prepared and trained by ISTE to deliver this training on their (ISTE’s) behalf. The training will be two phases, a two-day face to face portion and eight week online portion.
Step two - Assemble eportfolio of artifacts that meet the criteria required by ISTE and submit for evaluation to the ISTE certification review panel. Aspiring ISTE Certified Educators will have six months to apply their learning and submit their eportfolios.
Step three - Become and ISTE Certified Educator! Celebrate, share your expertise and support learning transformation!.
Benefits of becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
Opportunity to earn three graduate level credits at an additional fee.
• Become part of the ISTE Certified Educator community
• Join ISTE Certified Educator meet ups at the ISTE conference
• Identify yourself with the ISTE Certified Educator email signature and digital badges
LIU Training Team
Your LIU training team is excited to prepare teacher leaders to become ISTE Certified. Here is your team!
- Jared Mader, Educational Technology, Division Director
- Ben Smith, Supervisor of Educational Technology
- Laura McCusker, Educational Services, Assistant Division Director
Spring Cohort information coming soon
Join the notification release list to receive up to date information.