Joyce Racey, Volunteer Coordinator
email@example.com (717) 624-6470
Please check with the LIU 12 Classroom Teacher and Building Principal for any additional requirements by the District hosting the LIU 12 classroom.
Volunteers utilizing District/LIU technology resources must follow District/LIU electronic user’s agreement and policy.
To Become a volunteer in an LIU 12 SPECIAL Classroom:
Individuals seeking volunteer opportunities must "apply" via AppliTrack. This process includes completion of an application and a release of liability. Clearances must be uploaded to AppliTrack before a volunteer opportunity is approved. When the application is complete, we will work with the appropriate Program Supervisor to assign the volunteer to a placement. Volunteer opportunities are approved or disapproved by Program Supervisors at their discretion.
First time volunteer clearances must be current within 1 year of the date the volunteer applied with LIU 12.
Returning volunteers must reapply every 5 years with updated clearances.
Steps To apply:
- Go to website: www.iu12.org and click on Employment.
- Click on Current Job Openings. On the left side of the screen under Categories, click on Volunteers. For Special Education Volunteers choose (JobID: 671) and click on the red "Apply" button. Follow the directions to complete the application.
- Within the application under the section JobID: 671 Questions, please be specific with your volunteer preferences for a particular school district, school building, classroom, special education program, days of week and time of day availability.
- If applicable, sign the Volunteer Request for Waiver of Fingerprint within the application. If not applicable, upload current copy of FBI Criminal Background Clearance.
- Upload current copy of PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Upload current copy of Request for Criminal Record Check.
- You will be notified by email with the status of your volunteer request.